Monday, September 9, 2013

Welcome tatters around the world!

I am excited to bring you the next TIAS; "Tat It And See" starting Sept 23rd 2013. If you have never heard of a TIAS before, it is simply a fun international tatting event first created by our beloved Jane Eborall.
I have created a pattern for you to tat just a bit at a time. Every couple of days I will release a new portion of the pattern. You will not know what you are tatting until further on when a picture starts to form. You are welcome to blog about your progress and make guesses along the way. This blog is created specifically for any and all tatters who want to participate by posting their own progress.
In order to sign up, please email me, at (LadyShuttleMaker (at) Hotmail (dot) Com). When I receive your request to join this TIAS blog I will grant you "permission" to become an author by sending you an invite and you can post your progress and upload your pictures right here. Be sure to check your spam boxes if you have sent me a request and haven't heard back from me.
Please note that signing up is not mandatory to participate in this TIAS, this is simply an easy way for those of you who chose to do so, to publicly share your progress all in one place.

I will not have time to personally post your photos and such, so if you want people to see your work and your guesses this is the way to do it!

The only rules are:
1). To be kind and respectful with your posts.

2.) Please only post about the TIAS!

You will be tatting an award winning design and for those of you who finish the TIAS you will be given a bonus pattern!

Let the fun begin and spread the word!

27 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I will be joining

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I just sent you an e-mail! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these TIAS can't wait to get started

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Just what I need to get out of my tatting slump. I will send you an email right away!! A T.I.A.S. Yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excelent! I am in! Thanks for organizing this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sent you my email also! goodie another TIAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for adding me. I love TIAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to my first TIAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahoo! This will be fun, Sherry!
    Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am emailing you, I always enjoy the TIAS that Jane does, so I am looking forward to trying yours.
    Thank you for doing another TIAS.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun, I have only needle tatted, not sure if I can do this but would like to try

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are the measured picots measured vertically or horizontally? I did mine vertically and they seem very big.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what I am wondering too, do we use the gauge horizontally or vertically, ie, should picots be 1/2" or 1/4" high?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am following this tias but I am unable to post my progress. I cannot find a way to do it. Any help? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments!