Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grrrr

When WILL I ever learn to think before I tat?  I did day 1 and then noticed Sherry's comments on this post here.  I used my picot gauge (a thing which I rarely ever use) the wrong way round!!!  On the rare occasions I use one I hold it along the core thread and make the picots over the top.  Never gave it a thought!!!  So, I've just undone and re-done day 1!!!!

I hope I'm not the only one to make this boo boo!!!!  I feel SUCH a plonker!!
Jane in England (well I'm going to be properly patriotic as parts of the UK are trying to leave the rest of us!!). 

6 comments:

  1. I did the same thing, Jane, don't worry. At least we found out early in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the plonker as using a gauge vertically never crossed my mind. Isn't it great how we are all learning new things together? ....and who would want to leave the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go without my gauge as I left it behind with my tatting at my daughter's swim class. Zoinks! Hopefully the first uneven picots will be the wonkiest bit of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad. I did it right the first time, then thought I did it wrong, tore it out. Did it the wrong way and read the latest post. Tore it out and did it the right way. How many you guys did this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used my picot gauge vertically and retro tatted this morning then did it again horizontally. You aren't the only one Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use my picot gauge also vertical and have started again after after cut my picot gauge to half the size and use it then again vertical . Look smuch better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments!